6.11.14

Weekend Movies: "American Psycho"

 
Dear students,
I must admit I am too sensitive to watch films like the one I would like to recommend this week. What I usually do is to cover my eyes as soon as a little bit of blood appears on screen. Gory bloody images are just too disgusting. My stomach can't digest them. However, I can enjoy and analyse "ideas" and this is why I think watching this film can be interesting. This is a psychological black comedy based on Bret Easton Ellis's novel of the same name about a successful banker from Manhattan. He seems to be very smart and kind but he hides a secret life: actually, he is a serial killer! Throughout the film, we the spectators tend to wonder how many psychopaths might be living near us. Where are they? Are they governing the world? Should we revise our scale of values and stop admiring succesful unempathetic people? Well, watch the film and tell me what you think.You only need to click here.

Do have a great weekend!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario